This dish is a complete dedication to my sister, Jennifer. We have a long wonderful history together, and still to this day can joke about things that we have done. I love her so much, and thought what better way to say Happy Birthday than to make a dish she would completely devour. (Sorry Jen, you aren’t here to actually have a bite!)
Happy Birthday Caj! (Don’t ask, readers!) I love you!
Avocado Eggs Benedict
- 2 Organic Eggs
- 1 English Muffin
- 2 slices of Boars Head Bacon
- 1 Avocado
- Packet of Hollandaise sauce
- Put 2 inches of water in a pan, and heat to a boil. Add a dash of salt, and a splash of vinegar. Once water hits boiling, reduce to a simmer. Swirl water gently once or twice. Put egg in a small bowl. Put bowl close to center of pan and gently pour egg into swirly water. Let egg cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Split apart the English Muffin and toast.
- Split open avocado, pit, and place the soft greens inside a bowl to smash. Add a dash or two of salt and mash a little more.
- Cook bacon in microwave for 2-3 minutes or on the stove top in a pan.
- Following packet directions, cook up Hollandaise sauce. (I know… it’s cheating, but it’s fast!)
- Spread avocado onto cooked English Muffin.
- Add cooked bacon on top of avocado.
- Add cooked egg.
- Drizzle Hollandaise sauce