I know I’m crazy because I’m making a hearty dish in the middle of summer. But after the festivities from the Fourth of July, I got tired of eating chicken…and hot dogs. Armed with grass fed beef in the freezer, I decided it was a perfectly good time to make the dish, even if it is 85 degrees outside. 🙂
I pulled the recipe from PaleOMG, but pretty much changed all the seasonings and the amounts of the veggies. Don’t get me wrong, I think her recipe looks delicious, but I didn’t carry some of the spices she had, so I made up my version from that point on. And if you don’t like my options, make up your own too!!
How did it taste? If you like balsamic vinegar, this meal is a winner. I love the bright zing that the beef offered, and would definitely make this meal again. My husband loved the dinner as well, but the kids? Eh, they ate it, begrudgingly. 🙂 Can’t win them all!
- 1.5-2lbs grass fed beef stew cubes
- 1 package sliced button mushrooms
- 2 sweet potatos, cubed
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1 cup veggie broth (only b/c I didn’t have chicken or beef broth ready)
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- handful of fresh sage leaves
- 1 Tbsp. Penzey’s Mitchell Street Steak Seasoning
- Place chopped vegetables in crock pot.
- Place meat cubes on top.
- Add vinegars, sage and seasoning.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8.