Day 9 of Paleo… And? Great news, no issues with the big changes! I am loving the energy, and the lack of bloating that comes after each meal. Not to mention, I’m not walking around saying, “Great! Now I have guilt!” (Thank you Rex, for that lovely quote – Toy Story.)
I have learned how much our taste buds can adapt in such a short amount of time. By eating salads, lean meats, and low sugar food, it’s easy to see how much is really in our processed foods. But the sweet tooth that is hardwired in my mind still craves for that flavor at times. So how do I work with this? One great recipe is my Paleo Chocolate Chip cookies. They are so delicious and park that sweet tooth to the curb! But if you are looking for a simple alternative, try these brownie bites. They are naturally sweet from the dates, combined with almonds, coconut, vanilla and cocoa. Great for an on-the-go treat, and no guilt. I tested them out on my kids, and they came back for more! Enjoy!
Paleo Almond Brownie Bites
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- Get your frustrations out. Place raw almonds into a baggie, close and bang into bits with a rolling pin. Feel better?
- Dig the food processor out of the back of your closet, blow the dust off of it. 🙂 Toss in the pitted dates, vanilla and cocoa into the processor and mix until a paste forms.
- Add almond bits to the mix and blend together.
- When the batch starts to cluster together, it’s ready.
- Take coconut and place into a separate bowl.
- Roll bites into 1/2 inch or larger depending on your sweet tooth! Then roll the bites into the coconut if you wish.
- Eat! Or place in the fridge until you’re ready to eat them.