Happy May 5th – Cinco de Mayo! It’s time to party, and where else, than Chuy’s! My foodie friends and I had a chance to sample a lot of goodies one fine day, and I am FINALLY having the perfect opportunity to tell you all about it. I am so grateful that they asked us to come in to sample the food, talk about their restaurant, discuss the reasons why it’s family friendly, and most importantly, the sauces. Have you gone yet? This event was my first time, and it won’t be my last. Trust me, it’s goooood.
Truly, it is ALL about the sauces. Don’t get me wrong, I love the food, and the menu is extensive, but the sauces. The SAUCES… It’s what makes their food flavorful and unique in taste. Can someone say “creamy jalapeno sauce?”
Get out the chips, because we’re about to talk sauce. Oh… and why you need to hit this place up today!
So, I took a few notes on the sauces, and perhaps this will help you make a choice today on what salsa/sauce you plan to dip those chips in! To make it easy, I’ll label them with heat levels to help you make a decision. 🙂
- Ranchero – this sauce take 8 hrs to cook! Delicious…
- Tomatillo – the green stuff, only better than you can imagine
- Deluxe Tomatillo – same as above, only with sour cream added for a creamy richness
- Tex-Mex – Yeehaw! Chili con carne plus red chili sauce. Love it!
- Creamy Jalapeno – my FAV. We were told the secret ingredient. I’m not tellin’. 🙂 This sauce I must rave about b/c it can be put on salads, on chips, as a sauce to top your tacos with. The sky is the limit. And… it can be bought in big loads at the store.
High Heat (but not outrageous!)
- Green Chile – Stunning in flavor because it is made in roux with green chili’s, spicy. Roux? Who knew? 😉
- Hatch Green Chile – Dark but clean flavor, healthy recipe, and really zesty.
Did I mention they take their sauces seriously? How serious? They have staff specially trained JUST for the sauces. It is their pride and joy, and worth it for every bite.
While we were there, we also enjoyed some of the food and also were able to see the kids menu too. Let’s just say, even the big kids will be full when leaving. No doubt about it! The chicken nuggets? Not some frozen prepared stuff. They are hand breaded there and cooked on site. Nice.
Lastly, I leave you with this delightful picture. For you margarita drinking folks? This one’s for you!
Disclaimer: Chuy’s provided me with food to receive a fair and honest review. The opinions of this article are mine. Yours however may differ.